Sunday, June 24, 2007

Yeh well ya get that

Hey you all,
Spose you're wondering why I'm a slacker eh? Most of you should know my excuse, I mean reasons :oP
My 2 darling boys & wonderful hubby and I have been busy with day-to-day life, a trip to Sydney, a few birthdays, the Dubbo Show, trivia nights, bbqs and catching up with family and spending time together.

We got the first lot of bloodtests back for Mitch... so far so good..... but there's more tests at 3 months of age....... still fingers crossed.

As I mentioned.... My niece Makayla turned 1 at the start of the month and we went to her birthday party. Gregory had a great time playing with the other children, while Mitchell spent some time with his lovely Nanna. We all had a yummy feast but I especially liked the yummy cake.... ooooo... birthday cake!!! My brother and my dad have also had birthdays - lots of cake!

On the long weekend in June we went on a family holiday to Sydney to catch up with family and friends. It was the first chance for most of the people we caught up with to meet Mitchell (we also showed off our lovely Gregory too!!) We caught up with my friend Julie on the way through and spent time with my school friend Kelly and her hubby Dave (thanks guys!!), had lunch with cousins Sarah & Mark, A.Lyn and U.Steve before heading to Val and Jons for dinner and hang out for a while. It was great to see them and spend time hanging out - we don't get to do that much anymore!
On Sunday we took Gregory to the Wiggly Playcentre (a lot like Kidzoo in Dub-vegas). It was a great time.... and it wore Gregory out!! aww. We had lunch with Dan and got to go DFO shopping *yay!!!*. We spent the evening with Pauls cousins Debbie, Wally, Taylah, Jaime, Karina and Pappa.
After a late night of chatting with Kel til all hours we headed home on Monday to our new TV cabinet waiting for us. *yay*

We had a visit from Pammie & Beaux last weekend. It was great to see them both. They brought home their new lappys - Pams with some of her uni assignments on it. She's doing computer animation and the stuff she is doing is fantastic! If this is her first of 4 years (I think?) then I'm at odds to imagine what she'll be doing when she finishes!! OMG!
The kids and I caught up with my Uncle Phil this week when he came to Dub-vegas for a week to help my Gran out after an operation. He mentioned that it was wonderful to have some time with his mum :o) I know what that is like.

We took Gregory to the Dubbo Show. He loved seeing the ponies and watching the horses around the track. We also went past the rides and he loved watching the cha-cha and the dodgem cars (yeh like thats a surprise eh?)

Life has been busy and doesnt look like slowing down. Last weekend we (Paul & I) went to a Trivia night to raise money for an education fund for 2 lovely kids who lost their father just before Christmas in a work accident. It was just amazing to see the support out there for their Mum. We all had a great night as my parents looked after the boys for us and we got out.
Speaking of my parents looking after the boys... Paul & I went to the movies this week and saw Shrek 3. It was a good movie...... you can't go past the original Shrek.

I plan to go back to work one day a week next term.... looking forward to it but at the same time I know I'll miss my boys!! speaking of the boys...... boys are sleeping so I'd better get some shut-eye while I can... I shall endeavor to update a little more.... I have been trying to keep the boys bloggies updated (Mitchell & Gregory)

Take care you lot!
Lyndal

1 comment:

Zarna said...

Sounds like you guys are going great! Congratulations on having Mitchell btw!